A few words about us
The history of La Palmera
In January 1994, La Palmera started its journey from the hands of Rosa and Mateu.
First established in an old grocery store, it originally started as a charcuterie, a charming and warm store where the customer could taste and buy selected top quality products.
Little by little the tasting of local dishes evolved and eventually grew to become the restaurant that is today, a space that offers current catalan cuisine with international influence.
In 2002, David, the oldest son, joined the team of professionals, and together persist daily and rigorously to offer an excellent gastronomic experience..
And about our kitchen
For the foie, delicatessen and fresh seasonable products enthusiasts
Our cuisine is Mediterranean, exclusively elaborated with fresh and great quality ingredients.
Amongst our culinary offer, our salad, entree, vegetable, meat and fish dishes stand out, and specially the foie based dishes, a highlight of our menu.
We also take pride in our six course tasting menu, one of the successes of our kitchen.
We are a small, rustic and informal restaurant in the heart of l’Eixample: a small oasis in the midst of the busy streets where you will enjoy a slow meal in a unique atmosphere.
Starters to taste or share
- Jabugo ham11,50€
(dry cured ham) DO Jabugo
- Croquettes4,20 2u.
- squid croquettes5,90€ 3u.
11,50€ 6u.and squid ink
- Anchovies from Cantabrian8,80€ 4u.
17,60€ 8u.with garlic and parsley
- Brie with Jabugo ham13,00€toast
- Flowers of Tête Moine5,10€
- Assortment of cheeses with jam9,90€
17,90€width bread toast
- Crispy little packets6,90€ 2u.
of brandade of cod
- Scrambled eggs with french frites13,90€
and Jabugo ham or foie-gras
- Rice blood sausage (morcilla)4,90€ 2u.
with apple and onion
- Fried camembert5,70€ 2u.
delights with red fruits sauce
- Salad with goat cheese11,10€
with bacon, raisins, dates and pine nuts
- Salad with lentils12,90€
with Jabugo ham, prawn, tomato, onion and mint vinaigrette
- Mango salad with fresh foie-gras13,90€
and crunchy macadámia nuts
- Assortment of grilled vegetables14,90€with romesco sauce
- Warm of green asparagus15,90€
with prawns, Jabugo ham and parmesan cheese
- Sautéed vegetables, shrimp and scallop13,90€
grilled with yakitori sauce
- Bread0,85€ - 1,50€
- Bread toast1,50€ - 2,60€
Dishes with foie
- Toast with mushrooms, grilled fresh foie18,50€
and onion to Pedro Ximénez reduction
- Apple tatin with grilled fresh foie20,30€
Oporto sauce and mushrooms
- Duck foie (pad micuit)13,90€
with bread toasts
- Raviolis stuffed of fresh foie14,50€
duck ham and micuit foie
- Mushrooms with potatoes16,50€
and chips of foie to pine nuts reduction
Our meat and fish
- Fillet of pork to café of París sauce14,50€
with potatoes and mushrooms
- Duck magret16,90€with small onions and mushrooms
- Fillet beef steak grilled19,90€
with roll of green beans and bacon
- Toast with pork sausage, mushrooms12,00€
and caramelized onion
- Carpaccio of beef13,90€
with parmesan cheese and vinum acre vinaigrette
- Canelonnis of crab16,90€and shrimp
- Cod to cream18,50€
of leeks grated
- Grilled fresh tuna steak17,90€
with peppers and potatoes
- Carpaccio of cod11,90€
with almonds and tomato sauce
- Tuna carpaccio11,50€
with vinaigrette of citrus and species
- Grilled hake16,90€
with vegetables and romesco sauce
- Cold melon8,90€cream with mint flavour
- Eggplant11,00€with goat cheese and honey
- Carpaccio of figs13.90gruyère cheese and ham
- Figs with chips of duck liver14,50and pedro ximénez
- Rock fish pudding12,90€with shellfish sauce
- Crispy prawn tails12,90€with prawn oil
- Grilled fresh duck liver20,30with figs and red wine reduction
SPECIAL MENUS FOR GROUPS
Menus available from 10 people
- AppetizerMojito sorbet with flower of tete moine
- Starters for each oneSalad with mango, quince and honey vinaigrette
Toast of peppers and anchovie
Crispy packet of brandade of cod
Bread with tomato
- Mains to chooseRaviolis stuffed of foie with duck ham and foie micuit
Fillet of iberian pork to café from París sauce
Grilled hake with vegetables and romesco sauce
Sautéed vegetables with grilled shrimps and scallop and yakitori sauce
- Dessert to chooseIce cream or sorbet
Russian cake with chocolate sauce
Eguren Ugarte red wine
Valonga chardonnay Valle del Cinca
Menus available from 10 people
- AppetizerMarc of champagne sorbet with toast of foie
- Starters for each oneSalad with papaya, green asparagus and iberian ham
Eggplant with goat cheese and honey
Squid and squid ink croquette
Crispy rolls of prawns
Coca bread with tomato
- Main to chooseSautéed vegetables with shrimps and scallop grilled with yakitori sauce
Tuna tataki with soia sauce
Mushrooms with potatoes and chips of liver to pine nuts reduction
Grilled duck magret with mushrooms, small onions and porto sauce
- Dessert to chooseChocolate brownie
Glass of almonds ice cream with chocolate sauce
Russian cake (almonds praliné)
Fried milk with cinnamon ice cream
Glass o cava
Gamarús crianza Montsant – Eguren Ugarte Rioja ( red)
Vinyes del Grau blanco – Carramimbre verdejo ( white )
Location and contact
We are at your disposal
If you want to ask us a question, request or suggestion, this is your space. We will take your comments into account, thanks in advance. You can also ask us about allergies and food intolerances.
(If you want to make a reservation, better use the booking form below)
Select a date & book a table
We will confirm your reservation by email
La Palmera is a cozy restaurant in Barcelona’s Eixample that has tables of 2, 4 and 6 people. If you want a table for more diners, get in touch with us. (We have a private room with capacity for 18 people).
ORDER BY PHONE
If you prefer you can make your reservation by phone. Call us at 93 453 23 38.
You can find us 11:00h to 17:00h and 20:00h to 00:30h
Monday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h
Tuesday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 23:30h
Wednesday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 23:30h
Thursday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 23:30h
Friday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 0:00h
Saturday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 0:00h
Holidays to consult