A few words about us
The history of La Palmera
In January 1994, La Palmera started its journey from the hands of Rosa and Mateu.
First established in an old grocery store, it originally started as a charcuterie, a charming and warm store where the customer could taste and buy selected top quality products.
Little by little the tasting of local dishes evolved and eventually grew to become the restaurant that is today, a space that offers current catalan cuisine with international influence.
In 2002, David, the oldest son, joined the team of professionals, and together persist daily and rigorously to offer an excellent gastronomic experience..
And about our kitchen
For the foie, delicatessen and fresh seasonable products enthusiasts
Our cuisine is Mediterranean, exclusively elaborated with fresh and great quality ingredients.
Amongst our culinary offer, our salad, entree, vegetable, meat and fish dishes stand out, and specially the foie based dishes, a highlight of our menu.
We also take pride in our six course tasting menu, one of the successes of our kitchen.
We are a small, rustic and informal restaurant in the heart of l’Eixample: a small oasis in the midst of the busy streets where you will enjoy a slow meal in a unique atmosphere.
Starters to taste or share
- Jabugo ham11,00€
(dry cured ham) DO Jabugo
- Croquettes4,20 2u.
- squid croquettes5,70€ 3u.
10,45€ 6u.and squid ink
- Anchovies from Cantabrian8,45€ 4u.
16,90€ 8u.with garlic and parsley
- Brie with Jabugo ham12,90€toast
- Flowers of Tête Moine4,90€
- Assortment of cheeses with jam9,50€
17,00€width bread toast
- Crispy little packets6,80€ 2u.
of brandade of cod
- Scrambled eggs with french frites13,50€
and Jabugo ham or foie-gras
- Rice blood sausage4,70€ 2u.
with apple and onion
- Salad with goat cheese11,80€
with bacon, raisins, dates and pine nuts
- Salad with lentils12,50€
with Jabugo ham, prawn, tomato, onion and mint vinaigrette
- Mango salad with fresh foie-gras13,50€
and crunchy macadámia nuts
- Lukewarm of green asparagus15,60€
with prawns, Jabugo ham and parmesan cheese
- Assortment of grilled vegetables11,50€with romesco sauce
- Sautéed vegetables, shrimp and scallop13,90€
grilled with yakitori sauce
- Bread0,85€ - 1,50€
- Bread toast1,50€ - 2,60€
- Toast basket2,50€
Dishes with foie
- Toast with mushrooms, grilled fresh foie17,90€
and onion to Pedro Ximénez reduction
- Apple tatin with grilled fresh foie19,90€
Oporto sauce and mushrooms
- Duck foie (pad micuit)13,90€
with bread toasts
- Raviolis stuffed of fresh foie13,90€
duck ham and micuit foie
- Mushrooms with potatoes15,90€
and chips of foie to pine nuts reduction
Our meat and fish
- Carpaccio of beef11,50€
with parmesan cheese and vinum acre vinaigrette
- Fillet of pork to café of París sauce13,50€
with potatoes and mushrooms
- Duck magret16,50€with small onions and mushrooms
- Toast with pork sausage, mushrooms11,90€
and caramelized onion
- Fillet beef steak grilled19,50€
with roll of green beans and bacon
- Tuna carpaccio11,50€
with vinaigrette of citrus and species
- Carpaccio of cod11,90€
with almonds and tomato sauce
- Canelonnis of crab16,90€and shrimp
- Cod with white beans18,50€
with peppers and potatoes
- Grilled fresh tuna steak17,50€
with peppers and potatoes
- Soup of hake10,90€and shrimps
- Fried artichokes11.90 8.90with or without foie micuit
- Artichokes flowers12,90with Jabugo ham
- Crispy prawn tails12,50€with crumble and prawn oil
- Calçots ( long winter onion )9,50€with romesco sauce
- Eggplant10,90€with goat cheese and honey
- Sautéed mushrooms with sausage from Perol, blood sausage11,90and herbs from Montserrat
- Grilled hake with green asparagus15,90and romesco sauce
SPECIAL MENUS FOR GROUPS
Menus available from 10 people
- AppetizerMojito sorbet with flower of tete moine
- Starters for each oneSalad with mango, quince and honey vinaigrette
Toast of peppers and anchovie
Crispy packet of brandade of cod
Bread with tomato
- Mains to chooseRaviolis stuffed of foie with duck ham and foie micuit
Fillet of iberian pork to café from París sauce
Grilled hake with vegetables and romesco sauce
Sautéed vegetables with grilled shrimps and scallop and yakitori sauce
- Dessert to chooseIce cream or sorbet
Russian cake with chocolate sauce
Eguren Ugarte red wine
Valonga chardonnay Valle del Cinca
Menus available from 10 people
- AppetizerMarc of champagne sorbet with toast of foie
- Starters for each oneSalad with papaya, green asparagus and iberian ham
Eggplant with goat cheese and honey
Squid and squid ink croquette
Crispy rolls of prawns
Coca bread with tomato
- Main to chooseSautéed vegetables with shrimps and scallop grilled with yakitori sauce
Tuna tataki with soia sauce
Mushrooms with potatoes and chips of liver to pine nuts reduction
Grilled duck magret with mushrooms, small onions and porto sauce
- Dessert to chooseChocolate brownie
Glass of almonds ice cream with chocolate sauce
Russian cake (almonds praliné)
Fried milk with cinnamon ice cream
Glass o cava
Gamarús crianza Montsant – Eguren Ugarte Rioja ( red)
Vinyes del Grau blanco – Carramimbre verdejo ( white )
Location and contact
We are at your disposal
If you want to ask us a question, request or suggestion, this is your space. We will take your comments into account, thanks in advance. You can also ask us about allergies and food intolerances.
(If you want to make a reservation, better use the booking form below)
Select a date & book a table
We will confirm your reservation by email
La Palmera is a cozy restaurant in Barcelona’s Eixample that has tables of 2, 4 and 6 people. If you want a table for more diners, get in touch with us. (We have a private room with capacity for 18 people).
ORDER BY PHONE
If you prefer you can make your reservation by phone. Call us at 93 453 23 38.
You can find us 11:00h to 17:00h and 20:00h to 00:30h
Monday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h
Tuesday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 23:30h
Wednesday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 23:30h
Thursday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 23:30h
Friday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 0:00h
Saturday lunch 13:00h to 16:00h Dinner 20:00h to 0:00h
Holidays to consult